My current research addresses the following topics:
- The political effects of nuclear technology
- Alliance politics
- Business experience and world politics
- Compliance with international commitments
- The role of individual leaders in world politics
- "Influence without Bombs: The Logic of Latent Nuclear Deterrence."
- "How Do Leaders Assess Intentions Under Uncertainty? Costly Signaling and Leader Backgrounds in Nuclear Diplomacy."
- "Broken Promises: Multilateralism, Free Riding, and the Sanctioning Problem in Alliance Commitments" (with Molly Berkemeier).
- "Moral Hazard and Nuclear Alliance Commitments" (with Todd S. Sechser).
- "Bilateral Diplomacy and Nuclear Nonproliferation Commitments."
- "A Spatial Model of Nuclear Technology Diffusion" (with Benjamin Tkach and Scott Cook).